The Curriculum at Heron Hill Primary School
Our personalised, cohesive Heron Hill Curriculum is innovative, forward-thinking and highly relevant. It is devoted to providing pupils with a broad and deep level of learning, developing fully rounded individuals, fuelling creativity and resulting in positive change.
- To excite and enthuse learners
- To inspire stimulating learning environments, particularly outdoors.
- To create purposeful, immersive and memorable learning
- To develop and deepen pupils’ skills, knowledge and understanding across the curriculum through a diverse range of themes
- To ensure a cohesive curriculum, where learning is built on systematically, improving and emphasising consistency and progression throughout the school
- To equip learners to become agents of change, exploring and championing global causes
- To support pupils in exploring challenging and controversial global and social justice issues
- To help pupils to make sense of our inter-connected world
- To help pupils to understand their place in the worldwide community, so that they understand their own worth and the worth of others
- To create strong learning links through a joined-up approach
- To empower pupils and boost their confidence
- To allow pupils to display their understanding in multiple ways
- To ensure inclusivity through an accessible and relevant curriculum
- To value, support and celebrate cultural diversity