The Curriculum at Heron Hill Primary School
Our personalised, cohesive ‘Learning Means the World’ curriculum is innovative, forward-thinking and highly relevant. It is devoted to providing pupils with a broad and deep level of learning, developing fully rounded individuals, fuelling creativity and resulting in positive change.
· To excite and enthuse learners
· To inspire stimulating learning environments, particularly outdoors.
· To create purposeful, immersive and memorable learning
· To develop and deepen pupils’ skills, knowledge and understanding across the curriculum through a diverse range of themes
· To ensure a cohesive curriculum, where learning is built on systematically, improving and emphasising consistency and progression throughout the school
· To equip learners to become agents of change, exploring and championing global causes
· To support pupils in exploring challenging and controversial global and social justice issues
· To help pupils to make sense of our inter-connected world
· To help pupils to understand their place in the worldwide community, so that they understand their own worth and the worth of others
· To create strong learning links through a joined-up approach
· To empower pupils and boost their confidence
· To allow pupils to display their understanding in multiple ways
· To ensure inclusivity through an accessible and relevant curriculum
· To value, support and celebrate cultural diversity