Heron Hill School's first aim is that everyone in the school feels happy and safe.
If you have any concerns about a child or if you are worried that a child is at risk of immediate harm please speak to Mr Hicks who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead or, in his absence, Mr Murphy or Mrs Cooling. Out of school hours, during weekends or holidays, contact the Cumbria Safeguarding Hub on 0333 240 1727, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak to a Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) for advice, call 01768 812267.
These are the ways in which senior leaders and governors strive to ensure every one at the school is safe:
- All staff at Heron Hill are trained in safeguarding at least to Level 1 and Senior members of staff are trained to Level 3.
- All staff have undertaken recent training in Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent programme.
- We hold weekly safeguarding meetings and treat safeguarding as a priority.
- We ask all our staff, volunteers and other regular visitors to read and take note of the school's 'Safeguarding Code of Conduct'.
- We inform our parents and carers of our safeguarding practice and how they can raise concerns.
Social Media Sites: know their terms and conditions, your rights and their rights
Click here for information from the Children's Commissioner about the terms and conditions, your rights and company rights of Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, You Tube and Facebook.