Keeping the conversation going...
- If your child is ill and will be off school please contact the school office, by telephone, e-mail or note, before 9.30 am.
- If your child has a medical or dental appointment during school hours, please give your child's teacher or the school office notice. If you have an appointment letter or card, please show it at the office.
- The school cannot authorise term-time holidays. Children who are taken out of school will be given work to do while they miss school, but it is unlikely they will be able to complete all the work expected of them during that school year. Parents/carers are asked to write a letter to the Headteacher at least 4 weeks before the holiday/absence, outlining the dates your child will be away from school and any exceptional circumstances.
- Please inform the school if your child will be absent due to attending a funeral or for legal reasons.
- The school will, in the main, try to distribute letters on a Tuesday and Friday. Please check your child's bookbag on these days, as not all letters are sent by ParentMail initially, especially if they include a reply slip.
- Please use your child's home-school book to share information with your child's class teacher.
- We will formally ask for parents' comments and opinions once a year in the parent/carer questionnaire, but welcome feedback at all times. The questionnaire will be distributed to coincide with the parent consultation meetings in the spring term.
Heron Hill School uses ParentMail PMX as its home-school communication system. If you would like to receive e-mail and text messages from the school via PMX, please contact the school office.
Sharing Moral Values
In both our RE and PSHE curricula, children are being introduced to a wide range of moral values. Starting with children in the Early Years, these values can be explored through a great resource at home too! Treasure Champs offers 14 minute episodes investigating each value as well as offering insights into other faiths and cultures. To find out more, click the link below!